Frustrated...

I'm pretty frustrated right now. Actually, I'm angry. I know I don't blog when I'm frustrated, but since this blog mostly talks about my life, I figured I should just vent it out on here. I get pretty frustrated with my family. I know everyone has their family drama, and mine isn't any different, but it just sucks. I'm the only girl in the family so my whole life they've placed a protective shield around me and treated me like a princess. It's ridiculously annoying. Yet, they act like it's my job to always dote on them and reach out to them and just be plain submissive to all of their requests and well... I'm over it. I'm over doing everything for everyone else and reaching out to them while they fail to pick up the phone and dial my number. I swear I'm going to lock myself in my house and communicate by pigeon. Ok, I know I can't but it's fun to think about lol.

So, now that I got that off of my chest, I feel much better. I wish I felt this way before going to run club because I'm sure I would have torn up my run. I laugh as I write this because my old track coach used to try to get me mad before my track meets so I could shred my race. LOL. He knew me so well. Angry music also gets me pumped up. Give me some Linkin Park and Paramore and I can just rock out.

So today in run club we had a 3.15 mile run. I ended up finishing it in 23:05 which is a 7:19 min/mile pace. Not too bad; I'm so glad I went to run club. This week has been pretty frustrating and stressful and I just really needed to go out there today. I've come to love this run club. I've been running with them off and on for about a year and I'm so happy that there is something like this so close to my house. I've made a ton of friends, and just laugh a lot while I'm there. They've nicknamed me giggles since I can't stop giggling when my friend A is with me. Her and I hang with the faster group, and we are notorious for getting lost. It's come to the point that the pack no longer follows our lead when we pace them. I can't blame them lol.

We definitely veered off the path again today, but luckily we got back on track. I'm sad I'm not going to be able to run with them next week, but I'm sure I'll have some great runs while I'm in Denver :) Yup, I'm going to Denver for a conference. I'm presenting in it too. I'm really nervous about it. I might workout the morning before the presentation to get my jitters out. I don't leave until Sunday, so I'll resume my normal workouts until then. I can't wait until tomorrow: Orange Theory night. I'm hoping I can get all my frustrations out in the gym.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon