Run Club Was Comical..

I'm laughing as I post this. I mean, honestly, who gets lost during a group run? Obviously I do. Let me tell you what happened to me last night.

I met up at the run club location like I typically do and say hi to everyone that I recognize. Since it was a smaller group they were having two pacers go out instead of three. The first pace group was 9 minute miles and above, and the second pace group was under 9 minute miles. I head out with the second group and sprint to the front of the pack. Since it's a route I had never taken before, I automatically got lost and had to turn around after getting yelled at by everyone (I should never be a pack leader).

About halfway through the run I was close to the front pack, but we had a decent stretch between us. Two of the people I was following turned off to another road, but I decided not to follow them. I swore that they were the ones going the wrong way, and I knew the route better than they did. Giant fail. Apparently, that was the road you had to turn off of. I didn't realize this until a mile later.

Since I know the area pretty well, I knew how to get back, but it was just going to take much longer than the original route. I kept silently cursing at myself for being stubborn and always believing that I'm right. As I'm approaching the end, a police officer pulls over and yells at me to get on the sidewalk instead of using the bike lane. Yup, I got freaking pulled over with lights and all. As she drove off I glares at the back of her vehicle.

When I finally got back, two of the other runners asked me what happened. They thought something had happened to me since I ran almost 2 miles more than our original route (making it 5.31 instead of 3 miles)!! They laughed at me as I told them the story, since that night was the planking competition. I had a short recovery time before starting the planking challenge. Once we had started my arms turned into jello and I ended up holding the plank for almost 3:30 minutes. It was insane. However, the girl who came in first held it for over 6 minutes.

Overall, last night was epic..



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon