Pace Leader!

So today they asked me to be pace leader for the 7:00 min/mile group!!! AHHHHHH!!!! I was so excited. I know; I'm lame. I just felt like it was such an honor and they picked me!!! Ok, granted I am not the fastest runner in that group. Honestly, I'm sure I didn't maintain a straight 7:00 min/mile (I was pretty close though I think), but I sure as hell kept up with the boys. At the very end of the run one of them even waited until I caught up and pushed me to the end. It was awesome. Sorry, I get so excited when I hit moments like this. It's so surreal.

It was only about a year and half ago when I broke a 24:00 minute 5K. Now I'm breaking a 22:00 minute 5K. It's taken a lot of hard work and dedication, but to me it's worth it. I am proud of everyone who gets out there and does the best they can. A part of me wonders how much more time I can cut off, or how much more I can accomplish. I hear that women peak in their 30s for running and I'm not even there yet, so I hope it happens to me :)

My real dream is to get sponsored. It's ridiculously hard, but I feel like it would be so cool. Not only that but I would get tons of cool stuff! Who doesn't want cool stuff? If you say you don't, you're a liar. I'm not even sure how you would go about this whole getting sponsored thing. I was hoping that if you did enough races and were decently fast someone would pick you out of a crowd and offer to be your sponsor, but I'm pretty sure that's not how it works lol. I also think I need to be a heck a lot of faster. I'm working on it. Who knows? Maybe one day it'll happen. Until then I'm going to keep doing what I love doing: running...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon