So Very Sore...

The past couple of days I've been non-stop moving around. Typically during the work week, once I get home after a workout or from work, I'm super lazy. I only cook out of necessity and minimally clean-up around the house. Don't get me wrong, our place isn't a mess, but I save the big cleaning jobs for the weekend.

So you can get an idea of my life the past couple of days, let me recap my last couple of workouts:

Friday - I worked out at the gym at work. Since I skipped my workout on Thursday to go to my church meeting, I figured I would just get my workout in right after work. I started off the workout with a 1 mile run (7:45 min/mile). After the run, I worked in an arm circuit that included 3 sets of: 12 reps of military presses (15 pounds), 12 reps of dumbbell deadlifts (22 pounds), and 12 reps of tricep raises (20 pounds). My next arm circuit included 3 sets of: 12 reps of bicep curls (15 pounds) on each arm and 12 reps of bent over tricep extensions (15 pounds). My last circuit was targeted for my abs and included 3 sets of: 50 reps Russian twists (20 pound weight), 12 reps of V-ups and holding a plank for as long as possible (just over a minute). It was a pretty awesome workout I'm not going to lie.

Saturday - I went to Orange Theory and crushed it. I took Gatorade gel chews right before the class since I was starved. Once I got to the gym, we encountered annoying man from the gym. Annoying man is a guy who occasionally ends up in one of our classes during the week. He's the type of guy that thinks he's better than everyone else and gets satisfaction from putting others down within earshot range. I don't like him, and I make it a point to act like he is invisible. Since I was feeling especially feisty that day, I decided to turn up my workout a notch. The first block on the treadmill was distance based and looked like this: .40 miles at 1% incline, .30 at 3% incline, .20 at 4% incline and finally a 200 meter row. I ended up getting in 2 rounds of this workout before they called time. The second time around we had to start the distances from the bottom and work our way up. Now, as horrible as this sounds, I don't remember the rest of the workout, but I know it involved a lot of jumping.

After my workout I came home and finished the yardwork for my husband. Since he's not a fan of yardwork and has been helping out around the house, I figured it would be a nice surprise! Once I cleaned up, I went over to my friend N's new place so we could paint and get stuff done around the townhouse. Not only did we paint, but we hung up curtains and shelves. We definitely got crap done that day. Since I had my Fitbit on, it let me know that I took over 15,000 steps.

Sunday - I was super sore all over the place. I figured all of my craziness from the day before caught up with me. I still wanted to do something active, so I only ran 3 miles. I'm not sure how long it took me, but I'm pretty sure it was under 27 minutes.

Monday - Orange Theory Night! So I'm still sore from this weekend, but was excited to get to class. We started off the class with 21 minutes at the treadmill. Our trainer had 3 separate treadmill blocks each 7 minutes long. The first block we had to alternate between base pace and push pace with an all out sprint for 45 seconds at the end. The second block it was all about incline. We had to spend a minute at different levels of incline with a 30 second sprint at the end. The last block we had to row for 400 meters (2 minutes or less) and then alternated between base pace and all out sprints for 30 seconds.

The next 21 minutes was dedicated to the weight room. We had three separate blocks each 7 minutes long. The first block we had to do 10 reps where we had to sit down on the bench with a jump up; 10 maneater reps (weight in each arm - plank; row on one arm; row on the other arm; pushup with the dumbbells; get up; and, bicep curl). The second block we had to do 10 reps of dumbbell deadlifts and 10 reps of  side squats with a press.
The last block we had to do 10 Pikes on the SBT straps and 10 mountain climbers (for each leg) on the SBT straps. We actually had our choice between the SBT straps or on the bench. Since I never tried the SBT straps before I figured why not. Big mistake. It sucked....awesome workout though.

 You would think the insanity would stop there, but it didn't. Once I got home I folded three loads of laundry; made a pile of things to give to my mom; cleaned the kitchen and swept around the house. Once I was finished, I passed out in bed. You would think I slept like a baby, but I woke up at 4AM with neck pain. Today I put Icy Hot on it and a heating pad, but I'm still in pain. I guess that's what happens when you move nonstop.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon