Short and Sweet

Today was Orange Theory day. It wasn't too crazy, but I'm bummed I only got 1.35 miles in. It was mostly speed work so I guess that short distance is okay, but still.... I need to get 100 miles in this month and I'm at 11.35/100.

In Orange Theory we had our "cardio" workout which consisted of: 3 rounds of .15 mile at a 3% incline with an all out speed (I kept a speed no lower than 10) ; 15 kettle bell swings (I had a 25 pound kettlebell) ; 10 goblet squats; and, a 200 meter row ( I did 4 of these rounds by accident). Once you were done with your three rounds you had three rounds of: 30 seconds at a 5% incline with an all out speed ( I tried to maintain 10); 8 single arm thrusters; 120 meters of squat rows. The last round then consisted of 45 seconds at a 7% incline with an all out speed (I got tired here so I kept it no lower than 9); *I don't remember the kettlebell workout*; and 150 meters of legless rows. Not too crazy, right?

I didn't get to finish my last workout of the cardio set, but that was okay, I was ready to move on. In the weight room we started off with 8 alternate chest presses (I grabbed 20 pound weights); 8 chest flys sitting on the bench; 10 chest presses on the SBT straps; and, 10 low rows on the SBT straps. We kept repeating this round until he told us to stop. The second workout consisted of 4 minutes of abs. We had to do 8 knee tucks with our legs in the SBT straps; 8 pikes; and, 10 mountain climbers. Can I please tell you that I wanted to die. Ugh. The last workout was (I forgot the first thing we had to do); 10 skullcrushers (I grabbed 10 pound weights for this); 10 muscleups; and, 6 burpees. It was insane and I can feel the burn in my muscles as I type.

I went to the Dolphins game today, so I would like count all that walking around as part of my workout. Sigh, I'm back to the real world tomorrow. I am looking forward to listening to my Taylor Swift CD that I just bought! I'm really digging that new song Blank Space.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon