Wow that was hard...

Today was the first time I ran 10 miles in a really long time. It pretty much sucked at the time. But, I feel pretty awesome about it now.

After my 10k last weekend I decided to run a half marathon. I found one in December, signed up, and am on my way to finish up my training. Since I'm training again, my plan was to run 10 miles this morning. Now, last week I did 6, and the week before I did 8 so I figured today my 10 mile run would be a bit of a struggle, and I was right. My run started off great. I managed to maintain about an 8:15 mile pace. But, at around 6 miles my legs started to feel tired, and I knew it was going to get worse. At mile 8 my legs felt like logs, but I kept going myself as hard as I could. I still managed to finish at an 8:30 mile pace but holy crap was it hard.

Since I had a hair appt at 10 in Miami, I had to jump in the shower and haul butt to my hair appointment. The woman who was doing my hair was a friend of my mom's and operates a salon out of her house. It was awesome. The lady was Hispanic of course (we are too obviously) and she treated me like family. Her mom was there and so was her daughter and grandaughter. While I was there I felt like I was just hanging out with family friends, and before I knew it my hair was done. I loved it! She did such an awesome job and I'm looking forward to going back. Not only so I could play with her granddaughter but to have someone play with my hair again! It's days like today that make me miss Miami. The lifestyle is just so much different. I miss the people, the connections, and the scenery.  I know I'm not too far away, but still; miami will always be home. I'm sure I'll go back soon.

Ok so what's new? Well, I signed up to try to get 100 miles of running done in November. It was some facebook thing you could do to let people know you're trying to go for it. You could officially sign up and pay 34 bucks for a training plan and a belt buckle. No offense, but belt buckles are just not my thing. Since I did 10 today I only got 90 to go. Even though I run at orange theory,  I don't really pay attention to my distance but I am going to start to. I've got class tomorrow and Monday so well see how much I can get done.

Another pretty cool thing I'm trying to do is get certified as a running coach. Now, there are only two organizations you can get certificates from: RRCA or USAT. USAT is triathlon specific so I'm not super interested in trying to get a certificate from them. Now, I've been trying to get a certificate from RRCA but they haven't been able to get a workshop down here in Florida. I've been on their mailing list for a couple months now waiting for them to make a workshop here in Florida so that I can take the class to get certified. I'll update you all once they actually have a workshop down here.

Other then that, that's about it.. before I go I'll leave you with some fun pictures!

I did it! 10 miles in the books!
Got to wear some of my cold weather gear!
My favorite pair of shoes!  



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon