This Week Sucked...

The last couple of weeks have been stressful at work. Well, and who am I kidding, my personal life has been insane too. After weeks of being on Mach-5, I finally lost my marbles. I'm not proud of it, but I guess it was only just a matter of time. Ugh, I even cried at work, not once, but twice. Lucky for me I got to take my aggressions out on my punching bag.

Enough about my exhilarating personal life, I'll talk about my productive workout week instead. So last weekend I didn't get my long run in because I was super sore. However, I kicked off my workout week with Orange Theory on Monday. Now, I don't remember my entire workout, but I remember it sucked. I can remember that we had three separate rounds: a treadmill round (I remember I ran .80 miles total), a weight room round, and a rower round. At the end of the workout we had to pass a 10 and 15 pound medicine ball around four times while in a squat position. It made my legs burn, but my heart happy lol!

On Tuesday I ran 4 miles. My legs were still really tired from the weekend, but I pushed through it and ended up running the entire distance in about 31:15. I ended up getting to run again on Wednesday night during run club! I decided that I really love Wednesday nights. Run club makes me so happy inside. The total distance that I ended up running that night was 3.7. My headphones weren't working that night, so I actually got to run headphone free which was kinda nice. I got to talk to people I normally wouldn't talk to which is different. Funny part of the night: when I talked to a fellow runner the entire time in Spanish. Apparently no one knew that I spoke Spanish. Hahaha - well now they do.

Thursday was the day I lost my marbles. In my defense a lot of bad crap happened and I felt physically awful. Good news was my boss pretty much picked up on my situation and sent me home to rest. My favorite quote from her was definitely "Can you just go home? You're bringing the whole group down." Even though I was supposed to take the day off from working out, I put on my gloves and beat the crap out of my punching bag. I did everything from punches, to jabs, to uppercuts. It was awesome. Thank goodness I have that contraption.

Lastly, I ran two miles today on the treadmill since it was poopy outside. After the workout I ended up picking up some weights. I managed three rounds of: 20 bicep curls, 10 bent over rows, 20 side weights, and 25 crunches with a weight. Holy crap my arms are sore... Tomorrow I'm back at the gym! Until then, happy trails!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon