A Disney Weekend..

This past weekend we had a wedding on one of the Disney properties. It was nice to be able to stay near Disney after living in that area for over seven years. Even though we didn't get a chance to go to one of the parks, we managed to have a really good time.

Before heading to Disney, I had to wrap something up at work. Once I finished up at work, my husband came and picked me up and we headed on a merry way. Traffic was horrible, but we still managed to get there in 3.5 hours. Once we got into town I had to drop my husband off at the rehearsal. The rehearsal dinner was at House of Blue and I still had two hours until I had to be there, so I checked into our hotel and got ready. The food was pretty delicious, and I may have gone a little overboard on the Mac and Cheese (but it was totally worth it). I blamed my overeating on the fact that I had to run 11 miles the next morning. They called it an early night which was great, because I was going to wake up early.

The next morning I got up at 7AM for my run. Within the first mile I realized trying to find a path that would get me 11 miles was going to be difficult. First off, the Downtown Disney area was under construction and also there were no sidewalks. So I had to go on the road, in between highway pillars, and on grass and even then I was struggling to make 11 miles. Even though it was challenging, I managed to finish 11 miles. It was slower than my typical pace (I think I finished it in 1:42), I'm just glad I could get the distance in. Best part of my run: Listening to T-Swift on repeat for 1:42.

I do have to say running by Downtown Disney was pretty awesome, especially when one of the workers saw me on my way back and asked me if I was still going. I laughed as I said yes; I still had 1.5 miles left!

Overall, I had a great weekend. It was nice to also get a day off during the week. I did end up resting on Sunday (I wanted to run 2 miles but that didn't work out). However, I did get a 3 mile run in Monday morning. On Tuesday I worked out at Orange Theory where I got in 2.26 miles. I'm running tonight with my run club and will be sure to log in my miles! Oh and I can't forget last week at range Theory where I got in two miles! So far I'm up to: 31.335/100 = 31.33%. Crap! I might have to increase my runs lol

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon