During My Staycation!!!

This week I'm off from work. My husband and I went to a bed and breakfast this past weekend, but we got back into town on Monday and have been home relaxing ever since. Now, since I have the week off, I'm taking advantage of working out whenever I want and getting things done around the house. Let me start the blog off by summarizing this weekend!

I started off the weekend by competing in a local 5k: Runway 5k! This race was really cool. It was originally scheduled sometime during the summer last year, but was delayed due to logistical problems between the race directors and the airport logistics. The race was finally rescheduled for this weekend and I was so happy it didn't end up getting canceled! So like the race name implies, this race was held on one of the newer runways at the airport. Now, as much as they tried to tighten security, they obviously didn't pay attention to runners who brought in backpacks and other running accessories. Honestly, as scary as this sounds, someone could have caused some serious damage at that airport if they really tried. Granted they wouldn't have gotten very far, but still, it was a scary thought to have while you're sitting there waiting for the race to start.

The traffic getting to the race was horrible, and I honestly thought I wasn't going to make the start of the race. Luckily, I got there a couple of minutes before the official start time, but I was all flustered by the time the race started. I bumped into friends and we talked until it was time to go. Once the race started I took off trying my best to maintain a quick pace. I did get pinched between some runners, but managed to maneuver them. There was a steep incline on one of the parts, but I pushed up the hill using my arms for strength. As I sped down the final stretch, I looked at my watch and realized that I could actually finish with a really good time. I tried to keep my focus on some of the faster runners in front of me, matching their footsteps to try to catch up. I crossed the finish line with 22:04. I was floored. I had no idea I was capable of that time right now.

After the race I had breakfast with some other friends and started packing for my trip once I got home. Around lunch time my husband and I packed up the car and headed towards the bed and breakfast. It didn't take us too long to get there. Once we got there we unpacked our stuff and rested for the rest of the night. The weather was horrible so there wasn't too much we could do (except eat the delicious brownies they baked for guests)!

On Sunday I ran 2.75 miles along the boardwalk. I took it easy since I had the race the day before. I usually like working out during vacation since I eat a bunch of crap during the day. By crap I mean food that is drenched with cheese and probably thousands of calories lol. After my run We set out for the local zoo where we spent a couple of hours just looking at all of the animals they had on site. It was actually really fun! The rest of the day was pretty uneventful but super relaxing!

On Monday we drove back home from our weekend getaway. However, before we left we spent an hour at the beach to catch some sun! Once we got home I continued to lay out for a little bit longer. After tanning I decided to hit up the mall in search of a cute bathing suit and workout capris! I didn't find a bathing suit, but I did score some cute capris at Marshalls for 13 bucks each!! For those of you who have never gone capri shopping that's a really good deal (they typically retail for $20 or more)! I hurried home from shopping to an Orange Theory class.

The class wasn't too bad but I am still sore from it. I took an earlier class which was pretty nice because the class wasn't too full. We had two stations: the treadmill/rower and the weight room. Of course I started on the treadmill. That block consisted of: .25 mile run, 250 meters rowing, 10 jump squats, .20 mile run, 200 meter row, 15 jump squats, and finally .15 mile run, 150 meter row, and 20 jump squats. The goal was to do this block twice. I ended up starting my third block before calling time. I averaged about 1:40 minutes for the .25 mile run, a minute or less on the rower for each distance on the row, under 1:20 for the .20 mile run, and under 1:00 for the .15. For the weight room block, we had a mix of exercises such as leg curls with the dolly, squat bicep curls with a thruster, and some exercises with the SBT straps. I swear I can never remember the weight room exercises.

On Tuesday I tried running 3 miles but sprained my ankle about .25 miles into my run. I have weak ankles so this is a common occurrence for me. However, this time it hurt pretty bad. I limped back home and tried not to move it much for the next couple of hours. I did however go to the beach with friends for a couple of hours and had a total blast. I'm a little burned from the sun, but I'm sure it'll  turn into a nice tan! I did cycle that night for about 45 minutes to make sure I got some sort of cardio activity in!

Finally last night was run club; my favorite workout activity of the week. Last night was fun because we had a glow stick run and we were also giving away an iPod shuffle for the plank competition we had. We had a good turn out, about 65 runners total. We ran the usual path because of how dark it has been the last couple of months. The good news is next week we can change the route because of daylight savings!! I'm pretty excited for this since it'll be something different. The other fun part about next week is Nesquik is coming!!!!! I am so beyond excited. I'll make sure to take tons of pictures :)

Today I'll continue doing stuff around the house. Yesterday my husband and I dominated the homeowner world by working on a couple of house projects. I'm getting my hair highlighted again in the next couple of hours, so until then I'll continue folding clothes. This afternoon I've got orange theory and then tonight I've got a church meeting. I swear I've been so busy on my week off, but it feels nice that I've gotten so many things accomplished that haven't been a top priority for me. Until my next blog, happy trails!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon