Why Hello Cool Weather!

This past week the weather has been amazing. Nothing like a nice cooler temperature for running! I guess this is the last nice weather we'll have before the hot and humid spring and summer. I'll take it for now!

The last couple of weeks I've been pretty much following the same routine: Monday night is Orange theory night; Tuesday night I get a casual 3-4 miles in; Wednesday night I lead my run club; Thursday night is another Orange Theory night; Friday afternoon I work out at the gym at work; Saturday is my long run and Sunday I rest!

However this week my schedule is thrown in for a loop... First off I did not go to Orange Theory on Monday. Instead I actually rested (odd I know lol)! Tonight I decided to go to the Hollywood run club with some of my runner friends. I laugh because I figured this would be my one opportunity to go unnoticed in another run club. However, I was automatically introduced as the Weston Run Club president to the group and ended up getting acknowledged front and center by the club's president. Talk about embarrassing lol. All in all, it was a great run with lots of cool perks and a nice social environment. Although it was a far trek to get there, I wouldn't mind doing the run again. I did manage to enjoy the breeze from the ocean and pulled a great 22:02 for 3 miles. Not too shabby for a mid week run.

Tomorrow I'll be leading my run club. It's kind of cool because we will be giving out free race entries which is a pretty cool thing to give away to members. One of our members actually got some of the race reps out for us and they'll be able to advertise for their race and hand out some goodies. I love how the runner community just continues to look out for each other.

In another news, I decided to pick up golf. Weird, I know. I guess I should mention that I signed up for a work golf tournament and now feel the need to not look like a total idiot on the field. So not only have I been practicing, but I've also bought some sweet new gear to play the part. I must say that golf attire for women is completely outdated and frumpy. I managed to get some cute stuff, but it was pretty difficult to do.  I can't wait to post pictures. The golf tournament is in about two weeks which adds to this whole ridiculousness, considering that I've never played before. Just pray that I don't have a melt down lol.

So, that's about it. I'll try to blog tomorrow so I can have two consecutive blog posts for once! Until then... Happy trails!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon