Chasing Another HalfIronman

So a lot has happened since my last post. I guess having a baby disrupts life or something lol. So let me catch everyone up - all 15 people who follow me LMAO

Parenting is tough. I found out that my patience level is not as high as I expected it to be, how life can be so different but so wonderful at the same time, and that my daughter filled the biggest void in my life that I never knew I had. It's almost like a terrifying rollercoaster LOL. However, once you get off you jump right back on again because you loved the ride.

Although parenting is amazing and you can become completely absorbed in it - so much so that you lose your identity -it's nice when you learn to keep the pieces of your life that are important to you. For me it's working out. I absolutely love it. I honestly can't imagine my life without it. It's where I think things through or release the stress I've felt throughout the day. It's exactly what I need - so it should be no surprise that I'm still working out and even stepped it up a notch.

So far this is my race schedule:

November 20 - Half Marathon
November 26 - Sprint Triathlon
April 9 - Half Ironman

I'm currently about 5 weeks out from the half marathon and feel pretty good. I'm probably not going to PR but that's okay. All I want to accomplish is to run the whole thing. I would be lying if I said I wouldn't care if I broke 2 hours. Truth be told I would love to PR, but I no longer have the training time I need in order to make that happen. Maybe next year I can pull it off but definitely not now.

In the meantime I'm trying to establish my base for the half ironman. Cycling is my weakest so I've been trying to improve in it. Now that I have my sexy new Cervelo I'm hoping it'll build my confidence and make me want to cycle more. I have been meeting up with a strong cyclist who has definitely already built up my cycling game for up to 25 miles. I'm hoping by April 9th I can dominate the road...Today's ride went pretty well. The road was wet and we ended up hitting rain while riding as well. We kept the pace at about 20 mph the entire time, but sped up every once in a while. It was pretty awesome. Next week I'm hoping to bump the volume or maybe even getting in a short run after cycling.

I really hope I can get a run in tomorrow. I'm aiming for 5 miles....





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon