Back with the Pack

So today I got to join my tri group again :) I've had to take a couple months off while they've been training just because my training needs have been different than theirs (focusing on the half iron).. On top of trying to juggle travel, work and my marriage it was hard to accommodate everything...

It was so fun to be social again with the group! I missed everyone a lot and I knew I would get pushed hard with them.. Today's workout: "Hills" during spin which consisted of about 50 minutes and a 10 minute fast pace with a 15 minute easy pace afterward for a total of about 25 minute run.

I was super surprised that my legs didn't feel dead after spin.. I really pushed it and figured I would get burned down for the run but nope... I darted off for the run and kept a 7:22 pace for the first mile.. not bad!!! Funny how losing 15 pounds puts some pep in your step (bwahaha I know- lame joke)... but seriously, I'm sure losing weight helped.

Today was a big motivator for me. It's hard to see your improvements all the time- especially if you are fatigued or just burnt out. So when you finally get to see them it makes all your hard work worthwhile :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon