Trying to get Faster...

So most of my training has been geared up for the half-iron, therefore working more on endurance than speed. Since I really don't have a goal in mind as far as racing I figured I should work on my speed.. not just in running but on the bike as well.

This week I have been concentrating on shorter distances 4-6 mile range for running and 12-30 mile biking range. I really haven't been doing a tempo run or anything but I have been attempting to do negative splits each time I do a run or a bike. For those who don't know what a negative split is, it just means that whatever your training run is (i.e 6 miles), you want to run your second half faster than your first half. Overall, it let's you really kick it up a gear at the end rather than be fatigued.

This morning since it was a holiday I decided to just take a 12 mile bike and really just fly... I'm not a good biker so doing this makes riding fun for me and it's just a good solid workout. I really concentrated on my legs and getting a good cadence going... trying to not let lactic acid build up in my legs by just pumping through the ride. Having good music always helps :) This week's music artist is Lady Gaga... her new CD Born this Way really kicks my workout up a notch.

After biking my legs felt dead but I just wanted to get a jog in... so I tried to make it interesting and brought my dogs with me for about a mile slow jog... Needless to say they got their workout in too :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon