Back from my Hiatus!!

Hi everyone :) So I'm back! Sorry I took a brief hiatus but a lot has been going in my personal life. However with that being said, I still have been running and staying in shape. Having life happen does not give you the excuse to give up on exercise and all things healthy. Ok with all that being said, I will step off my soap box and tell you what I've been up to!

My newest athletic journey is the ING Miami Half Marathon. Yup.. I'm taking my half marathon roadshow to Miami :) I'm super excited about it and have heard pretty good things about the course in general. Now what's my goal you ask... I'm going to do it under 2 hours. Yup- I WILL do it under 2 hours. You got to get your mindset there in order to make it happen- think positively. Now my training schedule will be different than my half-iron training, but I'm still going to keep up my cross-training to prevent injury from over-running.

Newest purchases: I ended up buying the Garmin Forerunner 305. I had an older Garmin I would use for running that I inherited from a friend's dad. It finally kicked the bucket and I decided to upgrade and get the best tracking watch. It didn't break the bank and I got it for $142 with overnight shipping from Amazon... For those of you who don't know me personally, I pride myself on getting good deals lol. So far I am obsessed with it and it works wonderfully. It has so many features that I would love to learn to use.. and it also helps tracking your workout history which I love because you can see progress and results.

Another purchase that I'm currently waiting on is new shoes... specifically the Adidas Marathon 10. Now, I'm a Saucony girl and have been for a couple of years now.. however, I want to keep being open-minded and try these shoes out and get them in my shoe rotation. I have read good reviews about them and look forward to trying them out (especially long-distance wise). I'll let you know how it goes!

So now that I got all the new stuff out of the way... I'll start telling you my workouts on my journey to the half marathon :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon