Swimmmminnngggg

Ugh.. swimming lmao.... It's been a couple of weeks since my last swim and so it was back to the grind today.

I've got two girls who I'm "training" to do their first triathlon and so once a week we go and swim. I was teaching one of them proper form and helping them relax and just start tri- swimming for the first time. To me tri-swimming is totally different than regular swimming. You need endurance and you need to really conserve energy to get yourself through the whole triathlon. It went well, and just like any new swimmer, the two problem areas that she had were form and breathing. Honestly though, I had the worst time starting to swim and did absolutely horrible my first swim. I'm really proud of the girls though and think they're going to do well :)

While I was watching her swim and going through some drills, I got some laps in... I ended up doing 10 laps freestyle which is less than a half mile. I did a couple of other laps with the paddleboard and the buoy, but nothing too serious. It was fun though and I am pretty much forced to go to the pool which is what I need...

It was nice to be in the water since this weekend I focused only on running... I ran 7.5 miles Saturday and did 4 miles Sunday... the 4 miles on Sunday were a social run and nothing too serious. I definitely loved being back in the running groove..

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon