Mile repeats

This week has been a productive week as far as workouts are concerned.

I started the week doing a nice three mile run. I didn't want to take it too fast and ended up with a 24:57. On Tuesday I completed one of Jillian Michael's body revolution DVDs. That women is such a beast, I love it. Wednesday morning I woke up and did a speed workout. The workout consists of a 5 min warm up/cool down followed by 10 minutes of 30 second sprints followed by 30 seconds recovery. These short recovery times help to increase the cardio level and are hard as hell. Thursday I did my Jillian Michael's 30 day shred at level 1 because I felt like a weenie. Then Friday I rested :)

That gets me to today's workout! Today I wanted to do some variation of speed work, so I opted for mile repeats (only 2). My goal was to start off with a 10 min mile and incorporate under 8 min miles in between. I stated my first mile at a 9:51 which wasn't too bad and hit my goals for both mile repeats and my recovery times. I ended up doing 5.5 miles and took the last half mile easy.

I'm not really too sure what I'm doing for tomorrow's workout but it needs to be hardcore. I need to burn a good amount of calories since I'm going to the Miami fine chocolate and food festival. I'm super excited. I'll try to post tomorrow night about all the glorious chocolate!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon