Unwind

I plan my long runs during the weekend when I'm not in a time crunch. These long runs help me to unwind and clear my head from all the crap that happened the previous week. Depending on my mood, I might even go Garmin-free.

When I was training for my marathon, my long runs were about 15-20 miles long. Now, my long runs are 4-6 miles long. This distance is perfect for me since I'm training for 5ks. I never really have a training plan on my long runs, except to hit each mile under a certain amount of time. Today I wanted to hit each mile under 10 minutes and I hit my goal for each mile (I was not Garmin-free today). My distance was 5.13 in about 46 minutes. Yes I choose to do random distances.

Overall, my run was uneventful. I didn't really encounter people along the way, but then again, I never do around here. I was super excited to do a brick tomorrow, until I realized it was this morning.. Major fail.. Tomorrows I want to plan on doing a brick on the indoor trainer. .Sigh.. Why can't I pay attention to details???

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon