Just Another Day in Paradise!!

Today I kicked my own arse doing sprints. I had high hopes for doing mile repeats, but died out after .35. Instead I did .35 repeats. I only did 4 of them but they killed my legs. I guess I've got to slowly build up to mile repeats if I want to do them right. Either that or I just have to start out slow (which is pretty much impossible for me to do).

I started off my workout by jogging almost .75. I then attempted to do my first mile repeat and died out about .35. Even though I was disappointed, I didn't want to overexert myself and die. So I rested in between laps and continued again. I knew I had to push it if I was only going to do .35 repeats, so I actually used the Lap button on my Garmin to measure my speed on each repeat. Let me tell you something, that Lap button on the Garmin is really handy! I kept my repeats in between 2.14 and 2.24 minutes. Not too shabby, but definitely need to improve my speed. I'm guessing that short and speedy runs will be in my near future. All together, I did about 4.25 miles today, but it honestly kicked my butt.

This week my legs have been shot since I started to get back on my bike. Yesterday I kept a continuous decent cadence cycling on my indoor trainer for 45 minutes and on Monday I did an easy Garmin-free four mile run. My focus right now is to start triathlon training again. I've got two this season lined up so far, and we will see if I sign up for anymore. As of now my 5K schedule is pretty full with races lined up the next couple of weeks. I'm hoping this will help me maintain my speed. I'll keep you all tuned on how my races go and the training I do to get there!

On a side note, here is an awesome shirt company that I discovered while browsing the internet: https://www.onemoremilerunning.com/?ccUser=

I definitely see a couple of shirt purchases coming soon :) Especially the "If you see me collapse, pause my Garmin" I love it!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon