Rainy days

Today was a rainy day. Well, it didn't rain all day, but later in the afternoon. Luckily it started thirty minutes after I got back from my run.

During my run it was drizzling, but I wasn't going to let that stop me. What am I, made of sugar? I wanted to run about four miles, and so I went in another run Garmin free :) the run felt great, not having the pressures of the Garmin weigh down on you whenever you look at your watch. I had my iPod on shuffle and all these good beat snags that I typically never get to listen to, popped up and really had me going. Overall, a nice solid run. 

Now for a debbie downer moment, lately I've been feeling kind of crappy about my weight. For those of you who know me, you know I usually don't care about my weight, but I feel like its slowly creeping upward. We all know I've got the working out part down, but the nutrition part of my life just plain sucks. My kryptonite is junk food (sweets in particular) and I've got to find a way to wean off of it. I'm trying to make little changes, but the biggest change has to come from limiting the sugary foods that I eat. Yes, that means you Oreos. If I do have those foods, I just have to limit my portion size. You don't want to deprive yourself because them you'll end up in a bad situation where you overheat or just plain binge one sunny afternoon. So starting off small is the way I'm going.

This weekend we went to public and we bought some Special K cereal and bars, back to nature wheat things, and back to nature crime cookie. They're alternatives are supposed to be healthier than the normal stuff. Today I started trying my new lifestyle and I was successful, but today is only day 1. I didn't really crave anything, but I'm sure the temptations and cravings are coming. I'm not sure if ill win or not, but I'm going to try my hardest. Sigh... Now off to bed!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon