The Aftermath

It has been two days since the Boston Marathon tragedy. In these past two days, police have been working hard to try to find clues, while runners of every level try to process what happened.  There have been lots of articles that have come out which have been helpful to read. These articles help people to cope and creates a sense of unity among the community, not just the runner community but the spectator community as well.

Here is an article that has been circulating around: http://jezebel.com/the-people-who-watch-marathons-473405924

And even now I still don't know what to think. Will copy cats try to mimic this explosion at other type of running events? Did they really catch the person behind these attacks? What was the reason behind the attack? All of these questions are still left unanswered. It's a scary time to be a runner. However, anyone who knows any type of runner will know that we are not quitters. We will not be defeated.

Speaking of defeated, that is how I felt after this afternoon's run. It completely sucked. I tried running sprints, key word here is "tried". My sprints consisted of a 4 minute warm with 30 second sprints followed by 30 second recovery jogs. I ended up doing 20 minutes all together which panned out to over 2 miles. I mean it was an okay run based on my time, but I was just so tired and drained that it wasn't fun. Once I came home I jumped on my bike and spun for 20 more minutes.  

Tomorrow is another day.. and a week until my closing... sigh.. there's still so much left to do lol..

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon