Following a Training Plan

So remember how I posted that I broke my 5k time of 23 minutes for a 22:32? Well of course I posted the news on Facebook and got a ton of responses. In the midst of those responses was a comment from an old friend who said that they could help me with my time. As it would end up, he would make me a training plan free of charge.. I'm so unbelievably hyped.. This week was my first week. Here's how it's went so far (I had to switch running schedule around due to personal conflicts but for the most part I've kept the workouts the same):

Monday: 6x400s (1:52 each); 6x400 recovery in between (2:15 each). 

Here were my splits:
6x400s: 1:39; 1:42; 1:44; 1:48; 1:55; 1:51
6x400s recovery: 2:15; 2:11; 2:15; 2:19; around 5 minutes; 2:09

As you can tell I took a break after my fifth sprint. I had extreme cramping like I've never felt before and had to stop. I never stop but I had to listen to my body on this one and was glad I did. I'm not sure if the cramping was a result of me not feeling well the past couple of days or my IBS flaring up. Regardless, I completed my workout.

Tuesday: I woke up early to do my three miles. I had to get it in under 24 minutes which I'm used to doing. After my second mile I started severely cramping again and had to take a break. I ended up stopping the clock for about 5 minutes to recover and completed my workout (with stopping the clock) in 24:03. Again, there was no sense punishing my body. 

Wednesday: i went to a track workout to help out with a friends speedwork. I paced her while she ran and really tried to focus on her and not myself. She ended up doing well and I enjoyed being out on the track. At the very end of the workouts they had a speed contest where you raced everyone who was there on the 100 and I kicked booty. The very last 100 I clocked 18 seconds.. Ridiculous I know.. I'm pretty sure I'll be back there next  week.

Thursday: easy 30 minute spin. Let's just say I definitely enjoyed this. My abs and quads are burning from those stupid 100s yesterday. Ha!

Tomorrow I've gotta run 4 miles.. I'm hoping I don't cramp up like I have been on the past couple of runs.. 

In other news, I submitted a request to write a blog article for a running community. I am so unbelievably excited and can't wait to start.. Ahhhh wish me luck :) 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon