Winter Olympics

I love the Winter Olympics. True, I love the summer Olympics more, but I still love watching the Winter Olympics. I think my favorite thing about watching these sports, is hearing the athletes' stories. Some of their stories are so inspiring, like the male skier who has a brother who suffers from a disability but is his biggest fan. Everything he does, he does for his brother and he works so hard to try and get the gold. 

Some of these stories are not about inspiration, but humbleness as well. Like the American speed skater who was expected to medal but came out number 8. He took his loss gratefully and said that he did the best he could today, but it just wasn't enough. Sometimes, we need to accept that our best isn't the best and move on. Those days where we accept the truth make us work harder and stronger.

These people are amazing. They are considered the best in their sport and represent our country. I can't even imagine what that feels like. Aside from being incredibly proud, I'm sure they feel a great amount of pressure. Some of them thrive off this pressure, while others crash and burn. Regardless, they are doing something that only a small percentage can do and I can't help but cheer them on when they win, and pray for them when them get injured. So afar the events have been incredible, and I'm hoping they continue to impress me... 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon