Little Tiny Voice in my Head

... You suck.. Some of my thoughts while working out are: you can't keep going, it's not worth it, give up... I try to push harder, and most of the times I kick that little tiny voice's butt. Today was definitely no different.

Orange theory workout: 12 minutes of treadmill (3% incline): 2 minutes of push (8.5 mph); 1 minute base (6 mph); 2 minutes of push (8.5 mph); 1 minute base (6 mph); 2 minutes of push (8 mph); 1 minute base (6 mph); 1 minute all out (9 mph); rest

12 minutes in the weight room: 15 chest presses (15 pounds); 10 bench rows on each arm (15 pounds); 200 meters row (repeat). I did almost three rounds of this circuit and ended up chest pressing 20 pounds (kept the 15 pounds for the bench rows)

12 minutes on the treadmill: .200 meters; 200 meters rowing (less than 1 minute); 10 kettle bell swings (30 pounds); 10 sumo squat rows (30 pounds). I ended up doing almost 4 sets of this circuit. 

12 minutes in the weight room: 10 lateral arm raises (5 pounds); 20 jumping jack presses (5 pounds); 10 arm dips; 10 flying squirrels on sbt straps; 10 burpees. I ended up doing almost three full sets of this workout. The last set I did arm dips on the sbt straps which were so ridiculously hard. 

I pushed hard and ended up pushing harder than ever. So take that little voice. In other news, I broke a 23 minute 5k for a grand total of 22:32.. I am so ridiculously stoked that I can't get over it. I have a friend who is creating a training plan for me to help me break 22 minutes. Let's hope it works.. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon