Sometimes You Just Need to Laugh

This morning I did a 5K :) I rested yesterday to be ready for today. I tend to take all races seriously which isn't fun. This morning I was secretly wishing that something would happen so I could just relax and not take these races so seriously.. Well I guess my prayers got answered lol.

So the race venue this morning is known for having horrible parking. I knew this ahead of time, so I decided to strategize last night. When I got there, just as I expected, parking was limited and people were just trying to find what they could. I finally found a spot and thought about how easy it was to find parking this time. I made a mental note of where I parked and went off to get my race packet so that I could come back quickly and stick everything in my car. I got to registration, picked up my packet, and said hi to S (a girl who runs with the tri-club group every once in a while- she's usually off doing marathons or ironmans when she's not with us). I  then hurried to race back to my car... Well I tried to... 

Yup- I had no idea where I had parked. So I ran around the area with race packet in hand trying to find my car. I even stopped for directions (not once, but 3-4 times). After realizing that the race time was probably getting closer, I'd figure that I would go ahead and leave my packet at the registration area. So after being frazzled, and thinking about how much it was going to suck after the race to try to find my car, I lined up. So off I went... and as I ran through the crowds and followed the route, there was my mother effing car along the path... Really? Really? So I just laughed as I ran by it, making a sure note of where I was. I finished the race and ended up doing a 26:18. Not bad, but not my best. I figured between the mini-excursion on trying to find my car (I ended up running over a mile trying to find my car lol) and the combination of not sleeping very much + eating pizza at 11PM I didn't deserve to do well. However, it felt good to be out running 5Ks again, my last one I think was last October...

I met up with some other girls I knew were running the race to catch up and go to some of the vendor tents. Needless to say I was SUPER excited when I saw Mix1 there. I wanted to try more of their flavors so that I could buy another pack of Mix1. The lime flavor 12pk is specifically on sale ($19.00) at Amazon and so I really wanted to buy it. The 4pks run for about 9.00...which to me seems a little expensive but hey I don't buy that kind of stuff so what do I know. I tried the lime flavor AND the strawberry-banana flavor and loved them both, so I will be definitely buying those two in the future. One of my friends ended up tasting them too and loved it as well- I think she's going to buy some as well. After my sample tasting, I went to pick up my race event mini tree that I earned and went home.

Tip of the Day: Whenever you're doing a race. Strategize about where you will park. Remember where you park by looking at streets and landmarks. Don't be an effing idiot like me. Lesson learned.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon