Taking it Easy

Sunday is the half marathon ahhhhh lol...

I feel ready but there's always that seed of doubt. Can I really do it? Did I train hard enough? I think I did AND if anything I overtrained probably lol. Heres a quick recap of my workout.

Saturday: One of my friends was going to try on her wedding dress for the first time and I so we were going to make an early morning venture to the bridal shop. I wanted to get a quick run in so I tried to pound out 5 miles. I got the 5 miles in, and rushed out the door with my eggs and protein shake. Needless to say her dress looked beautiful on her!!! On a side note, my husband and I finally tried out our new kayak :) What a frickin arm workout! It was so fun though, and I can't wait to take it out again.

Sunday: My friend G and I attempted an 8 mile run. It was completely horrible.... so we cut it 6. Talk about a shot to our confidences. I think we can do it, but man what an awful training run... However, sometimes you got to take the good with the bad... and so I'm glad my bad training run was this past Sunday so I can have an awesome half marathon this coming Sunday...

Monday: I went on an 18 mile bike ride and then a mile run afterwards.. Even though I haven't been on my bike it felt soo smooth.... I love my new bike :) I didn't feel sore or anything so that was definitely a plus.

Tuesday: I went spinning (Best part is my friend E came with me)!!!!! The teacher wasn't that great.. Giant Sad Face :( It's okay though I told the instructor I wasn't going hard since I had a race this Sunday... I kept it nice and easy and then E and I did abs after class. Tomorrow's workout: the usual three miles....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon