Happy Trails

Tuesday I had to go on travel and I was totally dreading how this would affect my workouts.

We all know traveling and working out does not go in the same sentence. Between taking flights, working, and driving from place to place, it's almost impossible to find time to workout. So Tuesday I left for work, I spun on my trainer for about 45 minutes. It wasn't hard, but I just wanted my heart pumping and my legs moving. I showered headed into work for a little and took my flight out. After taking our flight, I had to drive to three hours to get to where we were working. With the time change and everything else, we didn't get to the hotel until about 5... My team wanted to drive to our work location and grab dinner, but since they know I'm a workout-aholic they gave me an hour to do what I needed to do. Since I worked out that morning, I thought I could get a quick 3 mile run in and maybe do a little bit of arms. I thought this was especially crucial since I ate Wendys for lunch (I had two homestyle snack wraps and a 5 piece nugget pack). WHAT?? I eat alot don't judge me lol.. We had Outback for lunch and since I still felt gross fromt he Wendys I only had an appetizer.

Wednesday: I got my typical 3 miles in on the morning at the gym in the hotel :) Whenever we're on travel I always make sure to have some sort of gym to workout in. We had a SUPERRRRRRR long day that day, so I was so glad I had gotten my workout in before starting out my day.

Thursday: We were coming back home and I was super excited. I was sooo tired though. I got to stay home, but I was dreading tri-club. I knew I had to go though. Whenever your body is telling you no, your mind should tell you yes. Well not always, but don't let your body get the best of you. Especially for the type of racing I want to do, I need to push my body when its tired. The funny thing is once I'm out there I'm fine. It's just getting up and going that I have a problem with. I finally got moving though and got some sprints/hill work in. I felt great and this type of workout had some speed/endurance work intertwined in it. I felt great though and this made me happy. I'm realizing that I might be ready for this half, even though I doubt myself continually. I've got to keep this up though, I still got three months to go...I forgot to mention that J made me do arm workout after stretching. He is sort of my slave-driver, but you need one of those. I'm glad someone is keeping me in check.

PS ... This week made me laugh... I had one of the guys at work telling me about his caveman diet... Don't even ask.. but if you do.. be prepared for this crazy type of "lifestyle" change.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon