Just Breathe...

This weekend was nice.. It was nice to not really have the Garmin on or to spin a certain distance/time.

These next couple of weekends are pretty busy for me with baby showers, birthdays, etc. I'm pretty much booked until the end of August lol.. Saying that it's hard to get training in. Sometimes you either have to sacrifice time/distance or training all together. It's still important to get training in for me though. Working out to me is not just about the physical changes; its about clearing my mind and de-stressing. I think a lot of people see it that way.

Saturday: I went with my friend T to look at linens for her wedding (I'm a bridesmaid :)) The appt was at 10 so I wanted to spin before then. I also wanted to sleep in a little... So therefore I just let my body wake up on its own - I still managed to get an hour in of spinning on the trainer!!! Woohoo... I figured if I didn't wake up on time I would train on my trainer later that afternoon... It's all about compromise people..

Sunday: I wanted to go running with my friend R (who is a total bad ass at 70.3 races). So we decided to meet at her house at 6:30 to get 8 miles in. Insane right? No sane people do this lol. Anyways, we would get 8 miles in. I was pretty tired since I went to go watch Bridesmaids with some friends Saturday night (for the record this movie is hysterical lol) Anyways.. stay on topic- the 8 miles was crazy!! She kept a decent pace and had us do some hill work and a kick at the end! We had no Garmins with us which was nice... Sometimes runners spend too much time looking down at their watch focusing on their pace. I think while it's good to do that, you shouldn't do it all the time. Sometimes you just need to enjoy the view...

I think I'll take tomorrow off lol...I'm still super sore from my gym workout on Friday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon