Triathlon Season Has Begun!!

It's my favorite time of the year :) Triathlon season!!! Today marks my first real day of training. So how do I start off the season? With a brick of course!!

So my workout today consisted of a 30 minute spin session - 5 minute warmup with 20 minutes of real work (1 minute high intensity spin with 1 minute of a fast recovery spin) followed by a 5 minute cool down. I finished my workout with a one mile run which I clocked in at 7:23. That one mile sucked lol. However, I had some frustrations at work today and this workout was the perfect way for me to channel my aggressions.

Even though that workout was rough, I have to admit that I am probably in the best shape of my life. My current fitness level has provided me with a solid foundation for this tri season. I know that I have to cycle more this season since that is my weakest sport, and at some point I need to get in the pool. However for now, I am still going to run as much as I can and throw in some cycling and pool time.

Well, I am off to finish watching one of my favorite shows : Extreme Makeover - Weight loss Edition.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon