Tis The Season!!!

Let me start off by saying I'm sorry again for neglecting my blog :) However, it's the holiday season where we are busy shopping, spending time with family... blah blah blah... So what have I been up to? Well, here is an abridged version:

The last couple of weeks I've been training for my half marathon which is next weekend. I've had my fair share of bad runs and good runs (more bad runs than good runs). I've also been going to Orange Theory and cycling in between. I actually cycled 10 miles on Thanksgiving which was pretty fun.

Since I live close to a park, I decided to make my way to the park and loop around a couple of times. I'm not going to lie I had a blast. I saw families setting up a Thanksgiving feast at the park, people hanging out outdoors because the weather was amazing, and random strangers telling me Happy Thanksgiving. Overall, I would say it was a winning workout for Thanksgiving.

Next came Thanksgiving dinner. We had it at my mother-in-law's house which was cool, but I so loved having Thanksgiving at our house last year. Maybe next year :) I did the typical American thing and overate, but luckily I had a nice run planned for the next day so I didn't feel terrible. After getting on the scale, I'm happy to report that my weight is right where I want it. I'm trying to stay away from the scale during this time of year, but I want to gauge myself while half marathon training. The more weight you have on your body - the more impact you have on your knees.

This past weekend I actually had one of my better runs. I ran 8 miles at around an 8:09 min/mile pace which is around where I want to be for the half marathon. Let's see if I can actually keep this up. That was my last long run until the half marathon. I now begin my taper week. How did I start it? With some OTF today. Tomorrow I'll  have a nice slower jog..... Until my next blog: Happy Trails :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon