Free Smoothies :)

So this morning Viola and I decided to do a 3 mile jog, thus really starting off our half-marathon training.

We officially started Wednesday, but todays run was very good and I was super proud of Viola. Although we walked a little while, I pushed her to run and was really impressed on how much mileage she did running. My goal is to push her a little bit each time to get her prepared for the half and feel good when she finishes. I like to start at 3 miles also. I think after running for years without really taking breaks can make running not as fun as it used to be. However, I really enjoy coming back to doing low mileage and slowly building up from there. I do allow myself to take walk breaks with my partner and talk, and I enjoy our runs that much more. I'll be running through the weekend making my mileage total about 20 miles this week ... not too bad :)

The plus side today was definitely the FREE SMOOTHIES at Tropical Smoothie Cafe. Yes, free. Today is their National Flip Flop Day. So if you are the first 500 people to walk through their doors with flip flops you get their regular sized Jetty Punch.... Definitely a nice way to end your workout :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon