Florida Heat

So I tried to go running this morning in 88 degree weather (feels like 95- stats by weather.com lol) and died a little bit.....

I set my goal up to about 5 miles..... At around mile 3.5 I stopped for a little bit, tried to walk it off (and catch my breath) and then went on and off for the rest of the 1.5 miles (more running than walking...) It was soooo ridiculously hot.... and to top it off I still feel like I'm not breathing deep enough.... The oxygen doesn't feel like its going to my chest which is not very good. I also feel like my legs are weak... like they don't know how to run..... It was so frustrating. On the bright side, at least I went 3.5 miles without stopping. I think that I am super hard on myself. The whole time I was thinking that I was a weenie and I could do more than this but my brain couldn't relay that message to my legs....Hopefully, I'll regain all my strength back soon but until then I might have to hit the weights once a week from now on....

1 comments:

  1. I was dreading working out, so I read your blog for motivation. It worked! I'm putting my running shoes on now!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon