Sprints

So yesterday's weather mildly reminded me of a monsoon....

I was contemplating going to tri-club because I knew coach would make us run in the cruddy weather and I was right. I was running late to meet with the group and once I got to the gym I had to ask someone where they were meeting. I found out they were in the exercise room and that they were doing some sort of insane circuit training.... It was hardcore and I could instantly feel myself get sore. It was a mixture of fast cardio with some weights and abs thrown into the mix. A high-intensity workout for a good 30 minutes. In my head I was silently thankful that I decided to come and this would probably be the worst of our workout... Well I was very wrong.... After the class coach said we would go for a quick run and stay local since it was storming.... Well a quick run meant a 5-10 minute warm-up with 18 sprints at 30 second intervals with 30 seconds of rest in between and 5-10 minutes cool down with stretching.... Really? The crazy thing was I thought my body would shut down after the third one but as I started my last one I pushed through it hard and was glad it was over. In the middle of the sprints, however, I secretly prayed to get struck by lightning lol...Anywho was I glad I did it... Sure ... lol Regardless, I know this will make me stronger and I won't be working out with the group for over a week. Hopefully, I'll get the workouts and be doing them on my own....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon