Off to the Start

So I guess the main reason why I wanted to create this blog is to track my progress through running and all the adventures I have along the way. Since running is a pretty big piece of my life I thought this would be fun. The irony of this whole situation is that I probably had my worst race ever today. 27:30.... yup frickin awful for me... Ugh I feel like I've been getting slower and slower which is bizarre because in practice I feel like I'm going faster and faster.. I'm sure the fact that I am pretty sick and couldn't breathe and was so weak I wanted to fall over the whole time ... contributed to my awful race time....The good thing was I wasn't super hard on myself like I usually am.. I mean I cried after the corporate 5k because I felt like I was such a huge disappointment. Sure, its just running and I probably psyched myself up but who doesn't?

Well after my run I felt like a 2 ton truck hit me... a good indication I shouldn't have run the race. I got to relax for the rest of the day though and even though my hubby was sick... he still helped take care of me (He probably feels guilty since he contaminated the house to begin with)...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon