Put to the Test this Weekend

This weekend I did my first BRICK with the group... and thats how my legs felt during our run.. like bricks lol...

So for those of you who don't know what a BRICK workout is- its a bike ride and run combo. They're usually not pleasant and are in preparation for triathlons- ok lets be honest they really suck. So, I set my alarm for 5:40 in the morning and got ready for the next day. I'm not going to lie when my alarm went off I wanted to ignore it and go back to bed, but I knew this would be pretty awesome for my training. So I got up and dragged my happy butt to practice. There were a good amount of people that showed up and I was pretty intimidated. You see biking isn't my strongest suit and I feel almost embarrassed going out with all these people who are good bikers. So off we went and to my surprise- I didn't do half bad. I did go harder than we were "supposed" to but I figured it would still help my training. However, once we got off our bikes after riding 1 hour and a half to go on a 30 minute run my legs were KILLING me. I quickly caught my way up to one of the front groups, but couldn't keep pace on my way back. When I was finished I felt great. It was hard don't get my wrong, but I DID IT! Now obviously the front pack is just amazing in everything they do, but I can't compare myself to them- they're a whole other breed lol. Pure athletes, I'm pretty good but not amazing- and that's okay I'm proud of what I've done so far. Next weekend I've got my Olympic tri and let's just say this race kicked my a$$ last year. I was done after the race and have NEVER felt that bad after a run. This time I will defeat it. Oh I also forgot to mention that when I got home mu husband wanted to go biking. I did a little over 10 miles with him putting my biking total at about 35 miles... not bad huh lol

Sunday- My friend V and I had originally made plans to go run 6 miles, however, when she got to my house she wanted to do 8. So off we went on our journey and we did frickin 8 miles. Now, I wasn't super sore when I went on my run so thats a plus- I thought I would be. The run was pretty much uneventful- and we ran with her son P which was fun. He's not a runner by trade, but he did 8 miles no problems... that makes me sick lol. We did a pretty decent pace and finished strong.

Now that I did all this stuff this weekend, not only will I take tomorrow off.. but I'm going to go stuff my face with chocolate at the chocolate festival :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon