Ugh Really??

So I think I pulled my quad.. ok so I don't think I did- I'm pretty sure I did. I've been feeling pain in it since yesterday but I chose to ignore it. Note to self- choosing to ignore it results in 50% of the times it going away and 50% of the time getting worse. Since I chose to ignore it and push myself yesterday I'm pretty sure my quad muscle was not happy with me when I chose to wake my body up at 5:30 and attempt to run three miles.

I tried to do my usual three at home but this morning my treadmill felt different- and not in a good way. It just started squeaking and made me feel as though I was going to fly off of it mid stride. So it was pretty much a blessing in disguise when my husband walked into the garage and groggily asked me if I could close all the doors so that he couldn't hear me. Instead I jumped off the treadmill and told him it would be better for me to go the gym. So I went to the gym and finished up my three miles and headed back home. Other note: girls in the gym are catty. When I picked up my run where I left off (I didn't warm up when I got to the gym) one of the girls specifically commented about how important it was to warm-up before you run... Listen lady- I don't tell you how to run your workout and honestly you don't LOOK like you should be giving athletic type of advice so please don't get on your soapbox and passively try to irritate me. So I held back from turning around and glaring and instead focused on not hurting my quad during my run. I ended up finishing but felt some pain in my quad.

I ordered my thigh compression sleeves and they came in this afternoon (Yay for Student Prime shipping from Amazon)... I started wearing one of them since my thigh was acting up and I must say that I think it's doing something to my thigh.. I don't know if its good or bad but we'll find out soon enough... Anyways we'll see how much I workout tomorrow and how hard I workout....

Happy Workouts Everyone :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon